Tuesday, April 23, 2013

G.I.JOE DUKE VINTAGE 1983


After watching the new Joe movie and getting ideas on kit bashing Dwayne as Roadblock and Channing as duke. I remembered my old G.I.Joe 3 ¾ inch collection. Scrounging my storage looking for them I finally found this guy, 1983 version one of Duke the famous G.I.Joe team leader. Base from his file card information, Duke has a rank of E-8 or a Master Sergeant as opposed to the movie where he is a Captain. His full name is Conrad S. Hauser. He is from St. Louis, MO.  He is an Airborne infantry man with a secondary skills as an artillery man and small-arms armorer. Duke would have been an officer but he prefers to lead his men on the field. Duke declined several promotions and stayed as First Sergeant of the G.I.Joe team. This toy brings back a lot of fun childhood memories. Even though the G.I.Joe line has been released numerous times, the vintage G.I.Joe will always be my favorite. I’ll check my stash for other Joe’s, although I remember having more Cobra bad guys in my collection. Till next time Yo! Joe!
 
Duke in his old school version one costume.
This is how he looked like in the 80’s cartoon series.
 
 
Vintage 1983 Duke action figure. He has 12 points of articulation. By today’s standard 12 points of articulation is considered few, but back then the G.I.Joe toy line is one of the most articulated toy.
 
 
Cheerful looking face sculpt.
A little scratch due to rough playtime and its age.
 
 
Duke came with cool accessories. He had a backpack, binoculars, a helmet and his gun. The backpack has a peg that you attach to the hole at the back of the figure. G.I.Joe figures always came with a lot of accessories wish modern action figure have them too.
 
 
YO! Joe!
 
 
Duke with all his accessories
 
 
 
 
Duke from the old cartoon series.
 
 

 
 





 
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment