Tuesday, February 12, 2013

IRONMAN MKI VER. 2.0 BY HOT TOYS


HAHAHA! Finally got my hands on Hot Toys Ironman Mk I version 2.0. I didn’t buy the first version so I am glad that HT re-released the figure and made some improvements on it specially the face of Tony Stark. Well let’s go directly to the figure!
 
Hot Toys really made an effort in making the packaging of their figures. The box is simple but is still very nice and elegant. Excellent work Hot Toys I really like the way you package your stuff.
 
 
Ironman Mk I out of the box. Let’s take a look at close up shots of the figure to better see the nice detail and excellent paint job.
 
 
First of a very well detailed and painted chest piece showing several markings and his arc reactor.

 
Right arm of the figure with the flame thrower.
 
 
On his left arm we can see the mini rocket and several switch and buttons.
 
 
Closer look at his mechanical limbs.
 
 
Back side of the figure. Like the front side it is well detailed.
 
 
Taking a closer look at the details on the back side. One thing that I like about Hot Toys is that they are good at hiding things. The cylindrical piece on the back holds the batteries for the LED which lights up his arc reactor. Hot Toys excels in incorporating the mechanism to the design of the figure.

 
Back side of the boots reveals a slightly less protected part of the armor.
 
 
Tony showing of his mask.
 
 
The mask can be easily attached to the top of the helmet. As you can see the mask has a hinge allowing it to swing down like the real deal. Very nice head sculpt of actor Robert Downey Jr.
 
 
Ironman Mk I ready to go!
 
 
Now on to the extra stuff that came with MK I version 2.0. First of we have a nice diorama stand showing the desert setting where Tony was held prisoner. The diorama also features several Stark Industry made weaponry.
 
 
Next we get several extra hands and a nice flame attachment for his flame thrower.
 
 
Close up on where to attach the flame piece. Read the instruction paper that came with the figure to avoid damage. In my opinion the flame attachment is too heavy for the figure. But still it’s a good addition.
 
 
Light function in his left arm.
His Arc reactor also lights up but in a white color.
 
 
Tony Stark does not want to get back in his box. Ok I’ll put him in the display case instead. Over all I’m very happy with this figure I highly recommend you guys get him especially if you have missed the first version.

 

 

 

 

 

 





 

 
 

 

 

 

 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment